7.03.2006

 

Crunchy Frog Flashbacks


Everyone who knows me knows I can't resist the combination of coffee and chocolate, so when I saw Ben & Jerry's new summer flavor, I had to get some. It's called Vermonty Python, and according to the description on the package, it's "Coffee Liqueur Ice Cream with a Chocolate Cookie Crumb Swirl & Fudge Cows" (Fudge Cows...the next best thing to Anthrax Ripple). The name "Vermonty Python" took me right back to that day in 1973-ish when I first heard this: "We use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest-quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose." Mmmmmm. But despite the associations with Crunchy Frog, Anthrax Ripple, and Cockroach Clusters, it still tastes mighty fine (albeit a tad sweeter than I would like it), and it almost makes up for not being able to get One Sweet Whirled anymore. Almost.

Comments:
You think it's too sweet too? The last time I tried Ben & Jerry's I thought it tasted GREAT... except far too sweet.
 
The best thing about the combination of coffee and chocolate is the bitter/sweet balance, and this is heavy on the sweet, too light on the bitter.

Thanks for looking around! :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?