7.08.2006

 

New iMovie: "Yankee Doodle Boy"


Recently I was lucky enough to run across an MP3 version of George M. Cohan singing his hit song, "Yankee Doodle Boy" (probably more familiar to most people from the 1942 James Cagney film, Yankee Doodle Dandy). I thought it might be fun to use this patriotic song to accompany a series of photographs of outspoken entertainers I consider true patriots. This might annoy a couple of groups of people--Wingnuts (who I'm always happy to piss off) and people who believe that actors, singers, and comedians should just look pretty and keep their mouths shut. It begins with Woody Guthrie and ends with Stephen Colbert, both of whom had no problem speaking truth to power.

Here is the movie, and I hope it makes you smile.

--Bonnie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?